HCS publishes articles written in English, French, German, Italian or Spanish.
Each submission will undergo a double-blind peer-review process. There are no prescriptive deadlines for the submission of contributions to each individual issue. An accepted paper will be uploaded on the journal’s website as soon as it is ready to be published. There is no binding word limit.
We do not publish book reviews, although we may occasionally host papers or sets of papers that provide substantial discussions of recent contributions to the field. We do not consider for publication papers on the work of living scholars.
HCS does not impose a single house style. However, submissions must be highly consistent internally, both in formatting style and referencing conventions.
Articles published in HCS are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Licence.
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word format and contains the bare minimum of applied styles.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- A Unicode font is used for Greek text.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.